Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Job Opening at Yikes View next topic
View previous topic
chickiepie
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We're in need of a web programmer again! If any of you all are interested or know someone who might be, please send this on!

Tattoos, neon hair and piercings welcome!

Job Description

YIKES, Inc., a small Web design and development company located in Philadelphia, PA, is looking for a full-time Web programmer.

Requirements include: Expert-level knowledge of Coldfusion, PHP, MySQL, and PERL. Knowledge of HTML, CGI, MS SQL, systems administration a plus. Ecommerce experience required. Candidate must possess excellent project management and communication skills. Must be able to work independently and in a team.

YIKES is a socially responsible company that provides a casual and fun work environment. Salary range is 35-40K depending on experience. Full health benefits, 4 weeks vacation, flex-time, IRA. Please send resume and programming samples to jobs@yikes.biz. We prefer to see Web sites the candidate has built in the above-mentioned languages.

Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Would you ask them if they'd consider a guy (in my particular situation) who hasn't done much web stuff but has "revolutionized" (their term, not mine) how radiologists do their work?

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
Wolfman
Soulman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nothing against your company Christi, but that is not a lot of money for all of those skills. Damn this tech bust, will it ever end!!

"Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash." -Bruce Lee
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

But they won't fire you for being gay eventhough they're legally entitled to. Now that says something!

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
chickiepie
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yes. plus we get health insurance, a ton of time off, and we can choose out own hours. Plus an hour paid lunch. Very Happy Plus NO office politics and the people here are really cool, fun people. To me it's worth it. Smile Though I'll be quite open to my next raise. Very Happy

Plus it's nice that you don't have to censor your gay there, as Uty said - though that means a little more to him than me. But it's nice that I don't have to worry about them seeing any of my web stuff (live journal, online pics, techhouse, or daily comic) and making me take it down.

So it's got it's positives and minuses. Being an outspoken weirdo it works well for me. Razz

chickiepie
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

still looking...

Vanblade
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I dont have expert-level any of those things except the database thing and HTML

but I'd be willing to learn

I'll dye my hair!

Jump to:   

View next topic