Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 kidney stones can kiss my ass... View next topic
View previous topic
Gannondwarf
The Short One

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

if you couldn't guess i've got a kidney stone... during finals week... on top of the pain that advil doesn't even touch, the student health center wants me to filter my urine until it passes... i hate my life...

on the upside, i'll know all about kidney stones for my NCLEX... whoop-de-freakin-doo...

so... has anyone else ever had a kidney stone? and, if so, how long did it take to pass?

"Is there an indellible line dividing sanity from insanity? Or do they change, one into the other, at the slightest turn of events? We'll find out, soon enough, that the world itself is insane..." - Vincent Volaju
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
maslow
Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, that's a doozy..... umm, good luck and go to a real doctor - they can give you real meds.

*The Traffic Lets Up, But Breathing Becomes Difficult*

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
--Hermosa Beach, California
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

www.webmd.com ?

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
Gannondwarf
The Short One

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

WebMD wrote:
The average time a stone takes to pass ranges between 1 and 3 weeks, and two-thirds of stones that pass on their own pass within 4 weeks of the symptoms appearing

fuck.

"Is there an indellible line dividing sanity from insanity? Or do they change, one into the other, at the slightest turn of events? We'll find out, soon enough, that the world itself is insane..." - Vincent Volaju
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Vanblade
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

my father-in-law says it was incredibly painful to pass and even when they did give him a shitload of painkillers he could still feel it in his system. My wife says she remembers when he had to pass them he would stay up all night working because he was in too much pain to sleep.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Steveness
His Royal Whiteness

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Damn - good luck Sad
Gannondwarf
The Short One

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

my RNP said that the more fluids i drink, the faster it will *hopefully* move and the faster it will be out... and they're now giving me tylenol no. 3 (tylenol w/codiene) for the pain as i need it... but i'm trying to resist using it until bedtime... the "daylight" hours are study hours... i don't need to be on codiene while i'm studying about it for my pharmocology final...

also... i really wish i was in an apartment instead of the dorms... carrying the filtering apparatus to the bathroom, which is relatively far from my room, gets you some really weird looks...

Tigger
Tech House Child Molester

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Aren't they much more painful for men to pass? Since they have to go farther...

Gannondwarf
The Short One

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

and that's just one more reason i'm glad i'm not male...

...not saying that i'm 100% glad i'm female... but that's another story...

bigsado
Mistress E

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

my dad gets about one a year..... he is in incredible amount of pain and has to filter his pee til it passes (which is usually a good two weeks). last year they put in a stint (sp?) he hasn't had one since then.

"I can't believe i gave my panties to a geek" -MR

Gannondwarf
The Short One

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well... they got my x-ray results back... no kidney stones... no gall stones... no soft tissue damage... no abnormalities whatsoever...

so why the hell does it hurt like a bitch?! Mad

maslow
Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

sounds like MRI time, baby!

*The Traffic Lets Up, But Breathing Becomes Difficult*

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
--Hermosa Beach, California
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

computational tomography (cat scan) might also do the trick

honestly i'm not sure why they do one or the other .. from my end the images almost look the same

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
chickiepie
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gannondwarf wrote:
well... they got my x-ray results back... no kidney stones... no gall stones... no soft tissue damage... no abnormalities whatsoever...

so why the hell does it hurt like a bitch?! Mad

Brian erased my earlier message to you by mistake.

I and my coworker had severe (it was pure hell) pain problems a short while back for over a year. I'm mostly better and she's 100%. Yay!

Having each other to talk to during that time, we found a lot of ways to cope with pain and try to work with frustrating doctors. And got good at finding more doctors if earlier doctors are useless.

If I can help at all, feel free to call IM or email. Smile (I pm'ed the info to you)

Last edited by chickiepie on Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Steveness
His Royal Whiteness

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Urinary tract infection? Appendicitis? If it hurts that bad, get it checked out quick!

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic