Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Battle Star Galactica View next topic
View previous topic
Stealthr4v3r
Mother Superior

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Who's excited? I know I am Smile
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Chit. Is the premier tonight?!!?

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
maslow
Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Yellow Dart wrote:
Chit. Is the premier tonight?!!?

bah, you uncultured heathens. Even I knew that.

even though I have a volleyball game at 830... but we're going to tape it.

*The Traffic Lets Up, But Breathing Becomes Difficult*

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
--Hermosa Beach, California
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Everyone chant with me...

D-V-R

Very Happy

The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Fuck me. I missed both showings of it.

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just because I really feel that NO ONE should miss this show... EVER... I looked on Sci-Fi.com and saw that the Second Season Second Premiere is showing one last time before Part 2. It's air date is:

Monday January 9th, 2006 @ 23:00

Miss this one and we shoot you.

The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Missed it. Please shoot.

Any way I can convince you to tape it from your DVR?

maslow
Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We have multiple VCP's, you can ask Markley can copy it for you - plus we're taping tomorrow night's on it as well since we will most likely not be back from snowboarding in time. He's high lord galen

*The Traffic Lets Up, But Breathing Becomes Difficult*

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
--Hermosa Beach, California
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll PM him. Thanks, Maz.

You guys still enjoying WoW? I'm starting to get the woman hooked on grinding for level-up. She just has to learn that quests help the process, so there's a time for not-killing.

Stealthr4v3r
Mother Superior

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That last episode really got my heart rate elevated with the whole assassination thing... I wish they had more spaceship combat scenes though, man i love that stuff!
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's amazing how, for so long, television just sucked. I mean, the Sci-Fi shows were overboard and too "glossy" and made them look cheesy. Over the last few years we've had fantastic shows come out and BSG is definitely one of them. I'm in awe about how gritty they make everything look.

As for last night's conclusion of the 2-parter, I was completely impressed. You have two ordered-assassins who will carry out their mission regardless of their feelings, yet the resolution of that entire plotline was completely settled with a perfect bow!

I was a late bloomer to the show because I had strong feelings about the original from when I was a kid, but this show just blows it away.

The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Any thoughts on this past Friday's episode? (1/20)

SPOILER WARNING:

I felt they should have let the Pres die. I am one of those who enjoys it when fairly pivotal characters die when they are supposed to, since it keeps the ply from feeling disjointed. Same goes for the baby.

The whole, "WAIT! The baby can save the President!!!" crap was really fucking stupid and Soap Opera-esque in my opinion.

High_Lord_Galen
Captain Oblivious

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

***SPOILERS***

I personally would like to see the cylon cells able to start converting her other cells to cylon bidding. Cure one form of cancer with another. It is a delay tactic, nothing more.

As for the morality issue, the president took a turn for the zealous, uninformed leader. Too scary a parallel to today's executive regime. This was happening prior to her save, but it may have been paranoia, fear for the safety of her flock.

Baltar's days are numbered. I did like the odd looks he received, while choking himself with his own tie, PRICELESS!! I foresee the underground resistance doing two things, making a cover for baltar to disappear, great for staged kidnapping, and bringing back the air-time for the other government representatives with a stand-down of military control.

The campiest thing I disliked was adama kissing president. I thought it was fitting as a good-bye, thanks for the great work kind of kiss. But, after her sexual persuasion background, I fear she just thinks of Adama as another pawn. I did like irony that the sworn president was to be removed from the cabinet just after the time the cylon's invaded, but it blocked the action due to everyone else dying.

I am unsure how they are going to get pegasus to leave, but it looks like next week will aide in creating that story-arch.

"Happiness is like those palaces in fairy tales whose gates are guarded by dragons: we must fight in order to conquer it." -Alexandre Dumas
High_Lord_Galen
Captain Oblivious

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

to reiterate better, I think baltar will join the cylon sympathizers rather than being on a cylon starship like in the old battlestar series.

So, odd, knowing the main plotpoints without knowing how they are going to do it.

"Happiness is like those palaces in fairy tales whose gates are guarded by dragons: we must fight in order to conquer it." -Alexandre Dumas
Stealthr4v3r
Mother Superior

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

High_Lord_Galen wrote:

I am unsure how they are going to get pegasus to leave, but it looks like next week will aide in creating that story-arch.

Well, the peace freaks do have a nuke now...

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic