Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Battle Star Galactica View next topic
View previous topic
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

See, this is what I get for not paying actual attention to the old show. I still like this one a hell of a lot better though (you can shoot me now).

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I didn't get a chance to watch it until yesterday, but I'm actually happy with everything that happened.

I agree that the child being saved as well as the president was more of a "deus ex machina" convention more than anything, but it does make sense. The hybrid-baby plotline can carry a lot of episodes on its back and we can see how different people characters react to that idea. It can encompass aborition, xenophobia, and homoginization.

As for the President surviving the cancer THAT could have really interesting connotations as well because, if you remember the first season, she became a sort of messianic character with the prophecy that a dying leader would lead them to Earth. She's not dying anymore so how will the religious factions react to that?

Oh... if you haven't already figured it out: Don't read the thread if you haven't seen the show and want to be surprised.

The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The first half of the two-episode season opener was a lot better than the second one. This past week's episode was even better than that!

Yeah, I need to watch at least last season since the opener was the first time I'd seen the stealth fighter.

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So I messed up my recording and only got 6 mins of this past Friday's episode (3/3) instead of 1:06. From what I saw it was a rerun of what happened on Caprica. Is that correct?

Also, season finale already!!?!??

The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oops, forgot about the midseason break. Luckily, SciFi is good about publishing their lineups. I'll be able to tape it tomorrow afternoon.

The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So, watched both parts of the season finale at once today. Holy. Fucking. Shit.

They completely turned the whole series on its ear. Awesome! Too bad I have to wait until October for the new stuff. At least I can use the between time to catch up.

Thoughts on the series so far or this past season?

BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bigsado
Mistress E

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

sorry. bri took his grumpy pill instead of his happy pill this morning.

"I can't believe i gave my panties to a geek" -MR

Stealthr4v3r
Mother Superior

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bigsado wrote:
sorry. bri took his grumpy pill instead of his happy pill this morning.

I was going to do it but I couldn't find the damn pic...
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I deserve it. This is the only show I'm crazy for.

High_Lord_Galen
Captain Oblivious

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

***SPOILERS****

Definitely a must see!!!

I am really impressed, I have not found a show that has me guessing at possibilities like BSG. All I have to say is "BALTAR for president, harems for everyone!!!!"

I felt "Judgement Day" was a great example of typical human complacency kicking their ass.

I wonder what the cylons found as their salvation? It still involved finding the humans though, leading me to believe that their salvation requires some answers from humans yet. I still don't think the series has been turned on its ear. I find this a more staggering loss to interfleet dynamics however. I also do not like that after one year, there seems to be very little in the way of new goods reaped from the planet.

I like to think that the cylons are conducting a controlled experiment on humans in regards to fight-flight, psychological, and social studies. They are using these in order to determine their place and purpose.

"Happiness is like those palaces in fairy tales whose gates are guarded by dragons: we must fight in order to conquer it." -Alexandre Dumas
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I loved the finale up until the coda. I can't seem to reconcile the idea that all of the bad-ass military men and women (save Tyrol) are just weak and old now. Adama looked weary and broken. Lee looked like a complacent prick. Kara looked like a tired wife who is on the verge of losing her mind. Tigh just looked lost. Rosilyn actually looked like she was in her element, but still...

I don't know.

I guess we'll wait until October.

***I was saving the 2.5 hours for a time I could sit down and watch them all together instead of here and there. Sorry if this is waaaay too late for a good discussion***

The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

***MILD SPOILERS***

I'm a little worried how things will play out from here. They had so many loose strings before they hit the planet that there was at least another season's worth.

Would have been cool if there was a break-off faction that commandeered a few ships and kept going versus staying around the planet.

I didn't get the feeling that all the planet's resources had been exhausted after a year; but rather everyone had languished under improper direction by Baltar. There weren't any construction projects or infrastructures in place to create a more stable, modern society.

Makes you think, though, if we were forced into something similar, how long would it take for us to "restart" modern society on a similar planet?

maslow
Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For you freaks Wink

http://www.starslipcrisis.com/images/kittshirt2.gif

*The Traffic Lets Up, But Breathing Becomes Difficult*

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
--Hermosa Beach, California
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Stealthr4v3r
Mother Superior

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Maz is a Cylon!

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic