Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Stupid Uty View next topic
View previous topic
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I lifted weights for the first time in months yesterday. It felt pretty good, but like a dumbass, I forgot to stretch. I also put myself to the limit, doing three reps instead of one. (They strongly suggest you just do one as you get into it.)

End result? I couldn't even move my arms this morning, and it hurt so much I woke up at 6 am and couldn't get back to sleep. I made so much noise while doing simple stuff like brushing my hair and putting on a shirt that my roomate gave me one of his perscription pain killers / antiinflamatories.

The muscle just above the elbow is so inflamed it sticks out farther than my elbow.

I was going to go into the karate school tonight, but I might have to wait another day or two until I can freaking move.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You mean your bicep?

Make sure you stretch tonight and the next few nights to loosen everything up. Go for a few walks to warm your body up so that everything can relax, too.

A hot bath should help a lot since you can get the muscles to relax slowly that way.

Edit: I'm assuming you meant "sets" when you said "reps." Otherwise, you were working with too much weight for starting out again.

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, I meant sets. 3 sets of 10 reps.

I'm slowly over the course of the day trying to stretch out. The pain killer scott gave me is nice but it's sure hard to get work done. I'm totally fucking spaced out.

The muscles that aren't sore aren't my biceps. Whatever it is, it's between the tricep and the elbow, and it's swolen so much it's going over the elbow and I can hardly bend it.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
bigsado
Mistress E

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

if it is on the back of your arm it is either the tricep or the tendon that connects the tricep to the bone. i hope it's just a muscle, cause a fucked up tendon hurts a lot.

"I can't believe i gave my panties to a geek" -MR

TheSumner
Tech House Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dude that sounds like it hurts. If you've got that much swelling you may have injured your arm, if the home remedies don't work in day or two I'd see the doctor.
My remedy is hot bath, stretching and double the recommended dose of advil every four hours (with food so you don't get an ulcer).
Elevation might help a little too.
Hope you're feeling better.

The Short One

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TheSumner wrote:
double the recommended dose of advil every four hours (with food so you don't get an ulcer).

be careful with that... too much advil/tylenol/aleve/etc. can damage your liver... not just your stomach... when i was having all that back/kidney pain i was told by my physician to take 4 advil (double the recommended dose) every 6-8 hours... and whatever you do, do not drink any alcohol while on that high of a dose... trust me... your liver will thank you...

but listen to Sumner about the going to the doctor thing...

"Is there an indellible line dividing sanity from insanity? Or do they change, one into the other, at the slightest turn of events? We'll find out, soon enough, that the world itself is insane..." - Vincent Volaju
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know it's more repetitive stress, but it could be tendonitis (i.e. tennis elbow) too. I thought it was on the inside of the arm, not the outside.

Sounds like you were doing tricep exercises and went a bit beyond your range of motion coming closer to your body. Either that or you were doing arm curls and did the same thing.

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
jewles
Satanist Bitch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ibuprofen is the one to take for muscle inflamation (asprin is a blood thinner and tylenol is to mild and i'm not sure about aleve). My dad has a bad back and his prescription was several times the over the counter dose (though I wouldn't recommend taking that much; he had built up a tolerance over the years). The recomended max is 1200mg per day without a prescription and yes avoid alcohol and taking too many drugs (over-the-counter or otherwise) or you could really reck your liver and kidneys. And if it doesn't show improvement over the next few days you probably hurt yourself and should see a doctor.
Gannondwarf
The Short One

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

what aleve is

"Is there an indellible line dividing sanity from insanity? Or do they change, one into the other, at the slightest turn of events? We'll find out, soon enough, that the world itself is insane..." - Vincent Volaju
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
jewles
Satanist Bitch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok then thats similar to ibuprofen.
Tigger
Tech House Child Molester

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Aleve works awesome for menstrual cramps. Not sure about muscle sprains/soreness, though. In theory it should work, as the uterus is a muscle.

Gannondwarf
The Short One

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tigger wrote:
Aleve works awesome for menstrual cramps. Not sure about muscle sprains/soreness, though. In theory it should work, as the uterus is a muscle.

just like advil, it's a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (N-SAID) and is just longer acting than advil...

that's what i give dad when he throws out his back... it works...

also, a heating pad or hot-water bottle will help... just remember to not leave it on for more than 30 minutes or it'll have the opposite effect... so 30min on, 30min off...

oh, and did i tell you guys that i switched my major to nursing?

Tigger
Tech House Child Molester

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gannondwarf wrote:

also, a heating pad or hot-water bottle will help... just remember to not leave it on for more than 30 minutes or it'll have the opposite effect... so 30min on, 30min off...

I didn't just become a girl last month, ya know. Thankfully, I haven't had anywhere near the problems I did since I had the boys.

Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My roomate had surgery not too long ago and hooked me up with his extra pain killer / anti inflamatories. Three days later I'm still having problems but the right arm is pretty much ok, since I've been stretching it out as I do intense things like brush my hair and drink soda.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
High_Lord_Galen
Captain Oblivious

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

having problems how? sounds like it is doctor time for mr. uty. most likely your insurance will make you see your primary physician first though and get a recommendation. although, a phone consultation may be enough for some of the cooler doctors out there, *edit* for the recommendation.

"Happiness is like those palaces in fairy tales whose gates are guarded by dragons: we must fight in order to conquer it." -Alexandre Dumas

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic