Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Ugh... View next topic
View previous topic
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I swear, the only thing worse than a bad day at work is knowing last night that today was going to be a bad day. I'll explain later, but a ~1 hr meeting is going to completely screw up my whole day.

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
maslow
Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

sounds like goodtimes for everyone...

at least tomorrow is Friday!

*The Traffic Lets Up, But Breathing Becomes Difficult*

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
--Hermosa Beach, California
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Meh. I should have tomorrow off but I'm working OT. Yay.

Got thrown into one of the head spots on a project "due yesterday." It started in Sept and was projected to be finished 3/31. Upper upper management has asked for periodic status. Due to reorganization, our project has gotten even more visibility (this project should have been completed a year and a half ago) because the new head of upper upper management doesn't want to miss due dates and "make us look bad." Hence, I just got out of a group meeting that basically said, "Your projected performance isn't going to get the project done. What are you going to do about it?"

Fun. Fun. Fun.

I've been working my Fridays off for the last month and it looks like it's going to stay that way for the next three. I'm so stressed out at the end of the day, all I want to do is be by myself to relax and I've lost any motivation to do anything around the house or go out.

I seriously hate my life right now.

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
High_Lord_Galen
Captain Oblivious

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

well, you could try to fit a plant installation and start-up into 4 days. Ended up being ~215 hours in 12 days. Not much time left for sleep or a life, period. But, my solace is that someone else has to have had it worse.

Just keep the goal in site and try not to blink too much on the way there. I am sure you can meet the goal. If not, grab the resources necessary now so they are available to you in crunch time.

"Happiness is like those palaces in fairy tales whose gates are guarded by dragons: we must fight in order to conquer it." -Alexandre Dumas
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The biggest problem is that it's developing a Technical Manual. The electrical part of it. And I'm trained as a MechE. I avoided EE for a reason.

Thus, the resources are people, but it's tough to keep focus on something so tedious as drawing development in Visio.

Edit: I'll get there. I just didn't need the extra pressure.

maslow
Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm, well, keep on chuggin' - and just remember, at the end of the day, don't freak out, because it's not the end-all be-all of your life.

*The Traffic Lets Up, But Breathing Becomes Difficult*

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
--Hermosa Beach, California
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
jeboleth
Slutzilla

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just come to class and work out your frustrations on the pads or Todd, he is fun to hit Smile
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very true! Won't be able to make it tonight, but that's for the best since I gave blood today. I'll be making up for it at Black Belt Club class tomorrow night.

S'all good though. I just don't like people higher than my boss checking on my work.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic