Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 An interesting fantasy sports game View next topic
View previous topic
BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dan found this online game called Protrade through the guys at Fantasy 411. It is essentially an online stock market for athletes in MLB, NFL and NBA currently. There are 'modes' of play. One is the main open market where prices are determined by volume change across the site. Another is the 'Challenge' where someone sets up a private stock market league kind of thing for a certain amount of time and other settings. There's some interesting math going on in the background to determine player dividends and value. Pretty neat idea overall. It's totally free to play and my account is Mixolyde, natch.

On a related note, Dan also found an interesting program about new baseball statistics on Demand. Go to News & World -> The Science Channel to find it.

eli
Das Thread Killer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It looks like The Hollywood Stock Exchange for athletes.

"All this science, I don't understand. It's just my job 5 days a week"- Elton John
BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Indeed it is pretty similar. They haven't implemented a shorting system yet, but they've talked about it.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic