Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Senator Obama reveals the abject retardation of America. View next topic
View previous topic
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Scour the Internet, and you'll find them all over the place. Discussions about how Senator Obama is an excellent ... or a horrible ... Presidential candidate. You can also find these discussions on the airwaves, on the TV, in the newspapers. Everywhere.

What are people talking about? His stance on the inevitable Social Security crash? His plans for easing the economic burden the retiring baby boomers will cause? What about Iraq? What is he going to do about terrorism? How does the Senator feel about abortion? Does he have a plan for fixing the prison overcrowding problem? Will he do something about our failing public education system? Does he care that we are unable to compete in the global market as far as manufacturing goes?

No. People aren't talking about any of this. They're talking about his arabic sounding name, and about how he may or may not have attended a madrassa when he was six. Hence, America is fucking retarded. I'm applying this label equally to the people who support and the people who oppose him. We might as well be basing our Presidential decision on who the cutest woman on death row is.

The man was a state senator for eight years, and he has been a US senator for two. That's ten years of political experience, and it has yet to achieve any relevance in the national debate. It saddens me.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
shate98
Hot Artist Chick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've heard a lot about this guy but not a lot about his views. I'm still hopeful that Obama may present a viable option to Hillary. I doubt that he will win the presidency, though, given that he's young, black, and has a funny name- even if he might be deserving of the role.

The CBS Sunday Morning show had a great little piece about Barrack Obama's name that I wish I had the transcript to. They showed a clip of Ted Kennedy accidentally calling Obama Osama. Suggested that he go the J. Edgar Hoover route- so he would be B. Hussein Obama. Then the reporter started making plays on the name Obama, suggesting his fans would be Obamanics and might sing the song Obama-lama-ding-dong. It was a very clever piece on makng fun of people that can't handle his name.

God forbid if a non-anglo looking man with a non-anglo name were ever elected to the presidency. (note the sarcasm in my voice)

Mother Superior

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I dunno what political new you guys read but this is typical of what I've been seeing:

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/016508.php

No mention of funny names or the madrassa thing... From what I've read he is a Sen. Kerry only with actual charisma but much less political experience.
Tigger
Tech House Child Molester

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Everytime I've talked about him it's been about his views on Iraq. What I've read about him have been about his views on Bush, the war in Iraq and all things relating to the two. And a little of his inexperience, if he really has a chance of winning against Hillary, etc.

I haven't read anything about his name or whether or not he attended a madrassa, whatever that even is..

Maybe I'm reading the wrong stuff.

BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The stuff I've seen is either about his lack of political experience and his hand wavyness about actually declaring his views on gun control and some other issues.

Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've mostly read op-ed pieces.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
shate98
Hot Artist Chick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/12/17/sunday/main2274597.shtml?CMP=ILC-SearchStories

There's the link to the op-ed piece from the Sunday Morning show. I've also seen a lot about his inexperience- which he suggests may not be such a bad thing. But aside from being anti-war, I've seen very little about his views on the big issues- more pieces on his name than anything.

Mother Superior

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And in the total opposite direction: http://www.slate.com/id/2158578?nav=ais

too funny Smile
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I generally have my head in my ass when it comes to specifics regarding politics. That said, Middle America generally is what dictates the outcome of an election, even though a large percentage of the population lives on the coasts.

Middle America will not vote for a black man, whose name sounds like Osama, has Hussein as a middle name, and has some Islamic upbringing. Even if he's the perfect candidate.

Also, you have to look at the Chris Rock theory. No black man will ever be President or Vice President because people would instantly target the President (in either case) for assassination. Take that with as much sarcasm as you want, but part of the reason that it is funny is that it's not entirely untrue.

Finally, my issue with Hillary is that she's way too polarizing. I also haven't liked her from her days in the White House.

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
erait
Certified Geek

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hillary Clinton has actually done a good job as Senator for NY. I don't personally know anyone (and I know some Republicans) who thinks that she hasn't worked hard to represent the interests of New Yorkers.

A coworker of mine said, "I can't like her. She doesn't believe in anything." The counter to this is that she in the US political system A Senator, Representative, or President are elected to represent the interests of the people. So many people forget this. But then again our forefathers created an indirect democracy and electoral college for a reason.

Likability and polarizaiton are Hilary's biggest problems and so I think she is not electable and the Democrats who do themselves a disservice in choosing her as their Presidential Candidate.

Anyone want to comment on Joe Biden running for President? Yeah, he started by putting a foot in his mouth. Move along. From the getgo it just looks like a bad choice of words. His thoughts on Iraq are very different from Obama, Clinton, Bush and just about anyone who is not on the Foreign Relations Committee. And that means he actually knows what he's talking about. If you saw the Daily Show last night you could have seen that.
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I couldn't vote for Hillary because of her stance against video games. I know that sounds shallow, but there you go.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
DanMeltzer
Zombie Monkey Pirate Pope

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

erait wrote:
If you saw the Daily Show last night you could have seen that.

the sad state of politics today is that we're forced to take seriously an interview from a comedy news spoof show, who's own host was heralded not too long ago for pointing out that it is just a comedy show and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DanMeltzer wrote:
the sad state of politics today is that we're forced to take seriously an interview from a comedy news spoof show, who's own host was heralded not too long ago for pointing out that it is just a comedy show and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Ironically, it's the only show that delivers information with very little spin or bias. I know it's a Democratically-slanted show, but they've done a decent job of showing the Republican point of view as well.

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
Stealthr4v3r
Mother Superior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Obama and Furries! http://www.dieselsweeties.com/archive.php?s=1685

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic