Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 We went too far... View next topic
View previous topic
MajorKong
Sentient Acronym Storage Facility

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/04/09/imus.ap/index.html

I, for one, would love to see all of these self-important morons on morning radio put out on the street.

All I want is news, weather, and most of all - MUSIC - on the ride to work. Listening to two or three morons laughing at another moron's jokes sucks...

(If I want their opinions, I'll beat it out of them.) Twisted Evil

Manuevers without Signal is just camping in the woods.
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm going to hell. When I saw the look on Al Sharpton's face, I mentally captioned the photo with "bitch no you di'n't!"

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
eli
Das Thread Killer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

MajorKong wrote:

All I want is news, weather, and most of all - MUSIC - on the ride to work.

Then get Sirius!!

"All this science, I don't understand. It's just my job 5 days a week"- Elton John
Stealthr4v3r
Mother Superior

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

eli wrote:
MajorKong wrote:

All I want is news, weather, and most of all - MUSIC - on the ride to work.

Then get Sirius!!

Or an iPod. Then you can listen to exactly the news, weather and music you want to hear Smile
Tigger
Tech House Child Molester

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I second getting Sirius! Regular radio makes me twitch..

maslow
Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I like listening to the radio. Not everything needs to be tailored for our unpatient lazy asses.

*The Traffic Lets Up, But Breathing Becomes Difficult*

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
--Hermosa Beach, California
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

RE: Imus' comment
Yeah... the prick made a dumb, dumb comment. Can you honestly tell me that he thought saying "nappy-headed hos" was gonna be taken as JUST a joke? Imus finally got smacked for his idiocy. Normally I'd rail against the fact that people were up in arms over something like this, but, in this case, I actually agree with it. He was dumb, he said something really stupid, and he got called on it.

RE: Sirius
DEFINITELY get Sirius radio! With the upcoming merger to XM, it's such a great investment! You get MAYBE 5 minutes of talk an hour on the music stations and almost any genre you want. I got it almost a year ago and I haven't regretted it once.

Tigger
Tech House Child Molester

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

maslow wrote:
I like listening to the radio. Not everything needs to be tailored for our unpatient lazy asses.

Uuhm.. Yes it does. Very Happy

Besides, you still have to flip channels when they play something you don't want to hear.

Megaron
Brute Squad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

wow bj I dunno who the hell you are, but move back to cuba or some other communist country. Christ you think a guy should lose his job for saying nappy headed hoes?
People need to stop freaking being so over sensitive to jokes. The guy is a radio host...you don't like it don't listen to it. It's not even like the man made fun of black people...he made fun of some stupid chicks who threw a ball in a metal ring.

Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Megaron wrote:
wow bj I dunno who the hell you are, but move back to cuba or some other communist country. Christ you think a guy should lose his job for saying nappy headed hoes?

First, dipshit, don't accuse someone of wholesale political leanings simply because they disagree with something you believe. If you still have questions as to what I believe, I invite you to go back and look at the previous posts I put up here or simply ask me.

Second, I don't think I ever once said he should lose his job, did I? If you're going to call someone out, please verify the facts first.

Imus is an unmitigated ass; is now and always has been so. This is not the first time he's toed the line, but this time he got snagged on it. When you go on a nationally syndicated show and refer to a group of women as "hos" while making an allusion to their race (because, face it, you don't really hear "nappy headed" all that much as an adjective for many people who aren't black), you have to expect people taking some extreme offense to it.

I believe in freedom of speech, but you also have to believe that people are gonna voice THEIR freedom of speech if you act like an asshole. By lumping an entire team into a grouping of poorly groomed whores, he shot himself in the foot.

Stealthr4v3r
Mother Superior

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bjciii wrote:
Megaron wrote:

First, dipshit, don't accuse someone of wholesale political leanings simply because they disagree with something you believe. If you still have questions as to what I believe, I invite you to go back and look at the previous posts I put up here or simply ask me.

Second, I don't think I ever once said he should lose his job, did I? If you're going to call someone out, please verify the facts first.

Imus is an unmitigated ass; is now and always has been so. This is not the first time he's toed the line, but this time he got snagged on it. When you go on a nationally syndicated show and refer to a group of women as "hos" while making an allusion to their race (because, face it, you don't really hear "nappy headed" all that much as an adjective for many people who aren't black), you have to expect people taking some extreme offense to it.

I believe in freedom of speech, but you also have to believe that people are gonna voice THEIR freedom of speech if you act like an asshole. By lumping an entire team into a grouping of poorly groomed whores, he shot himself in the foot.

Whoa calm down there tiger, no one is going to report you the HUAC. I'm sure you could see how Ron was confused since you said:

bjciii wrote:
Normally I'd rail against the fact that people were up in arms over something like this, but, in this case, I actually agree with it. He was dumb, he said something really stupid, and he got called on it.

Now if you actually read the linked article, it's about people calling for him to lose his job.

btw, did you mean "cross the line"? "toe the line" makes no sense.
Megaron
Brute Squad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So if it was a group of guys its ok?
Where do you draw the line? there is no freaking line it was drawn by constitution. It's called freedom of speech. Being insensititve is not a crime even though people sure as hell make it seem like one. People bitch and moan about oh man the president is taking away my freedoms, but then the next thing you do is shit on another persons rights....
The man is going to lose his job and you support it. If you think him getting punished at all is right, then your out of your freaking gourd. He broke no law, and in fact made a tasteless comment about a bunch of stupid chick basketball players....who the hell cares if he called them hoes? That's his right. Just like its your right to call me a dipshit whenever you want, but I guess you don't see the distinction do you? This bullshit of everyone has to toe some invisible line that the liberal generation of idiots has set down, has to end.

The problem with people who get outraged about this crap, is they have no freaking grasp on what is important in the world. Why is wrong for Don Imus radio host to call some stupid basket players, who contribute nothing to this world, hoes... but black entertainers can get away with calling for white people to be killed? And if you think this isnt happening...check your local hardcore rap. Personally they both have that right, but because everyone white people and especially white men are the everlasting target, there is some differing standard. If you think I'm wrong, look at this latest hot topic shooting in NYC. Black cops, puerto rican cops, and a white cop shoot a black man...the black community is outraged that it was a racially motivated shooting. What the hell is wrong with people...

And if you believe the bullshit charlatans like Sharpton and Jackson spout off anymore, then your just feeding this hypocritical bullshit. Worry about the real problems of the world, don't cry because some radio host said some mean things. Christ allmighty we are at war...illegal immegrants continue to pour into this country..every 4 seconds someone dies from a preventable accident in this country....every 1 second a person tries his/her first hit of heroin.

And your worried about Don Imus. Who I know didnt offend those girls, because they probably never even heard of Don Imus until someone told them about what he said.

Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stealthr4v3r wrote:

No, I did mean "toe the line" meaning that Imus has gone up to that edge of "acceptable" and "not acceptable" for a very long time. This time, I do feel he crossed that line, however.

Megaron wrote:
So if it was a group of guys its ok?

Heh... now you're just trying to be funny and work on semantics. I don't think it was okay regardless, but if it were a group of guys, I highly doubt Imus would have ever used the word "ho." However... how would it have been if it WERE the Rutger's men's team? What do you think would have happened if Imus called them "a bunch of nappy-headed niggers?" Somehow I think that it would have definitely cost him his job right then, right there, no suspension.

Now, as for the fact about me wanting him to lose his job? I will apologize for not being clearer and making a leap of induction without the clear steps involved: I don't think he should lose his job based on this one incident. Suspended? Sure. Freedom of speech, as you so said, is not only freedom to say what you will, but freedom for others to say what they will as well. This is why the KKK is allowed to march down Main Street in Newark. This is why all of the rappers on the charts are using words that "the civilized society" abhors. This is also why you don't see many of those rappers with nationally syndicated talk shows on terrestrial radio... That being said, freedom in this country isn't about allowing us to do whatever we want WHENEVER we want HOWEVER we want to do it! It's about us having the opportunity to do and say things and expect the same courtesy we should extend to others. Imus was wrong. I'm sure he'd be up in arms if Sharpton (who is an idiot) railed on old white guys who should have been off radio long ago!

The funny part is the whole basis of your rebuttal against me is you thinking I'm some sort of mindless liberal when, and wow, you are SOOOO far from the truth that it ceased being funny HOURS ago. I'm definitely not a conservative, but I'm actually to the point of being highly offended that you are inferring I'm a liberal.

Regardless of this situation, Imus isn't funny. Imus isn't even tolerable anymore! He's a dinosaur in the world of radio talk and he knows it. Did he do this for a publicity stunt? I doubt it... I think he did it out of sheer ignorance. Would he have had this huge flap if he called the Notre Dame girl's team "a bunch of potato-eatin' micks?" Probably not. Why? Because there's no NAAIP (Irish People) out there looking over his shoulder. Twisted Evil

You're right, though, in one point: There's a whole lot else wrong with the world, but you're also living in a world where I received CNN Breaking News updates today to tell me Larry Birkhead was Anna Nicole Smith's baby-daddy.

We didn't make this screwed up world Megaron... we just have the fortune to live in it.

Stealthr4v3r
Mother Superior

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bjciii wrote:
Stealthr4v3r wrote:

No, I did mean "toe the line" meaning that Imus has gone up to that edge of "acceptable" and "not acceptable" for a very long time. This time, I do feel he crossed that line, however.

I do not think it means what you think it means.
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ya know what? With the day I've had today, you may be absolutely correct in that Wink

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic