Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 New Civ expansion coming View next topic
View previous topic
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Beyond the Sword compliments Warlords by focusing on content that comes after the middle ages. There's a bunch of stuff you'd expect to see in such an expansion: new wonders, buildings, units, civilizations, leaders, and scenarios. Seems like the most intriguing addition is corporations. This expansion pack is going to be released in the first half of July; retailers seem to be disagreeing on the exact day.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What is the latest and greatest Civ version anyway? I love that game, but I haven't had a chance to play in a LONG time...

Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not sure what you mean by version. Civilization 4 has one expansion pack and is up to patch v2.8. That should cover it all.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess I was looking for the "Civilization 4" part Smile

I forget which one I have at home... hopefully it's 4 and I just need the expansion pack Smile

Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

An update for my fellow civ players, Beyond the Sword is being released this week. It's already out in Australia and parts of Europe for some reason. Those gamers are saying this expansion is better than Warlords. I also read that you can now mix and match leaders with civilizations. So if you like Elizabeth's traits and the Roman UB/UU, now you can have both.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
Stealthr4v3r
Mother Superior

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Uty wrote:
An update for my fellow civ players, Beyond the Sword is being released this week. It's already out in Australia and parts of Europe for some reason. Those gamers are saying this expansion is better than Warlords. I also read that you can now mix and match leaders with civilizations. So if you like Elizabeth's traits and the Roman UB/UU, now you can have both.

Huzzah! Great taste and less filling!
maslow
Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

more civ IV... *drool*

*The Traffic Lets Up, But Breathing Becomes Difficult*

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
--Hermosa Beach, California
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Returning to the main stage: The Hasidic Samurai!

Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hasidic Samurai takes center stage

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
erait
Certified Geek

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LMAO. I almost fell out of my chair.

Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The new AI goes for a variety of victories - including cultural. The Egyptians are about to secure a cultural victory. Their army sucks. They're also the vassal of the world's largest, most powerful civilization - they are literally 40% of the world's land mass and population. I have to raze Thebes to prevent Egyptian victory, but I can't do that without declaring war on a civlization that obviously has me (and both of my vassals) outclassed.

This is awesome.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
Stealthr4v3r
Mother Superior

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Uty wrote:
The new AI goes for a variety of victories - including cultural. The Egyptians are about to secure a cultural victory. Their army sucks. They're also the vassal of the world's largest, most powerful civilization - they are literally 40% of the world's land mass and population. I have to raze Thebes to prevent Egyptian victory, but I can't do that without declaring war on a civlization that obviously has me (and both of my vassals) outclassed.

This is awesome.

Nuke em from orbit!

I've got the expansion but I haven't played it yet. I picked up NCAA Football 08 at the same time and got obsessed with figuring out to NOT throw interceptions... As soon as I have a nervous breakdown from that I'm gonna have to give this new AI a try.
maslow
Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

THE AMISH ARE COMING! http://www.pvponline.com/civ.php3

PVP.com wrote:
So how cool is this? To celebrate the release of Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, 2K and Firaxis Games have challenged several of the most beloved creators of web comics to give a voice to the characters in Civ through a series of comics called Civilization Daydreams. And they consider little ol me beloved.

Click here to see the first strip from PvP and come back Thursday to see our 2nd offering.

From what Im told, Starting on July 24th and ending August 10 the Civ-themed web comics from the artists behind 8-Bit Theater, Dueling Analogs, GUComics, MyExtraLife and others are going to be showing up on everyones sites. You can keep track of everything at the Civilization Daydreams hub site.

This is a really cool opportunity. We at PvP have been fans of the Civ franchise sincewellforever. Thanks to 2k and Firaxis for supporting the site and letting us play in their world.

http://www.civilization.com/daydreams for further goodness - for those artists in TH, there's a cute contest to win a wireless 360 controller & a sound card. http://www.civilization.com/daydreams/rules.html for, ya know, rules & entry & such

*The Traffic Lets Up, But Breathing Becomes Difficult*

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
--Hermosa Beach, California
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic