Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (book) View next topic
View previous topic
erait
Certified Geek

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

NO SPOILERS in this post

Read it in 3 days. Just didn't want to put it down. That said the 1st half of the book annoyed me. It plodded along and some actions simply felt out-of-character. It wasn't until the middle of the book that I stopped thinking, oh just get on with it, get to the good stuff. After that with one notable exception everything moved and flowed and I got answers to almost everything. Yes it is nearly all tied up in the end. Maybe even a little too cleanly. Overall I'm satisfied. On a scale of 1-10 I give an 8. That's in part because characters do develop, the world is rich, and I appreciate the fact that things are happening in the back ground even though we are only getting the skewed picture of what Harry Potter is going through as we've always had through all the books.

w00t!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

** SPOILER**

I liked the book, all the way up until I turned a page that said "19 years later" and then it sucked. She should have left the epilogue out, it really had no place in the book and added nothing to the story. I felt like she threw it in last second to make sure the book was "happily ever after." Ick. And I have to say, the part about Dobby, Kleenexes were in huge demand!!!

Court Jester

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/final_harry_potter_book

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic