Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Hulk: Review (Spoilers) View next topic
View previous topic
JasonT
Supreme Overlord of Bitchassery

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 10:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Starting with the special effects...Incredible animation. There were a couple scenes when he sticks out a bit, but the character was done sooo well. I'm still gettin over how incredible some of the scenes were. The action was great and exciting.

The movie has a pretty interesting plot too. The first half of the movie follows the origin of Bruce Banner and his accident which brought him to the Hulk. They definitely took artistic license with the comic book adaptation, but it worked out well. For example, the hulk isn't a mindless oaf. By the time you actually see the hulk, the transition isn't a shock at all.

The editing and cinematography was done really well. There were many scenes using the whole "24" split screens, but this idea was taken further to include more frames, much like a comic book page.

Ang Lee really took this movie seriously. He pushed a lot of the emotion between Betty Ross and Bruce Banner/Hulk. Jennifer Connelly is practically crying in every scene. Nick Nolty (sp) plays an awesome mad scientist and the other supporting characters are developed pretty well. Stan Lee's cameo once again was a nice touch.

All in all, there isn't anything I would change about the film. It was perfect for what it was. I think I may have liked this as much as X2. The runtime was 2h 17m but the pace is pretty quick and consistent. It of course leaves an opening for a sequel which I have no doubt could rock as much.

Go see this movie and you'll forget about how much daredevil sucked.
I give it an 8 out of 10.

reworking portfolio...
Vanblade
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 10:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

daredevil sucked? woohoo! good thing I didnt see it
I hate ben affleck and that dumbass alias chick
I think I'm gonna go see this tomorrow as a matinee
regardless how good a movie is, I tend to like them better if I dont spend 8 bucks on em and I dont have to give up sleep to watch em
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Maddox will inevitably say something horribly funny about the movie.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
JasonT
Supreme Overlord of Bitchassery

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I went in expecting Shrek, and was really hopin to see the smackdown on dunkey, but alas, all I got was the violent beating of a french poodle.

reworking portfolio...
ironduke
Giant Teddy Bear

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Beating of French Poodle Gooood. Hulk make good movie. Hulk smash Daredevil into flavorless jelly.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Vanblade
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 8:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

dude that was awesome...he bit the dog! hehehe
seriously though it was a decent movie..I like the comic wipes...plus all the smashy smashy
bigsado
Mistress E

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i liked it a lot! did not like the ending tho... the last two minutes were not needed. i think they should have cut it right after jennifer connelly and her dad hang up the phone... then they could hvae done some weird trippy sequence (like his dreams) that leads into the credits...

"I can't believe i gave my panties to a geek" -MR

bigsado
Mistress E

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

btw, lou ferrigno was the other bodyguard talking to stan lee. anyone else catch that?

"I can't believe i gave my panties to a geek" -MR

el loser
Sexual Educator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i also have to say that this was a fantastic movie.. loved the way it really took a comic book and made it into a comic book movie with the whole frames being as they were, it really reminded me of the aspect of comic books i love best.

i agree with e, though, that the ending could have been better and that whole thing we really didn't need. yes it made us aware that there will be a sequal but, hell, this isw the age of sequals. i didn't need to be so blatently told there'd be one.

on a similar note, i also felt the opening could have been done a little better... i'm not sure how but it just seemed so long and certain parts were a little... too much i guess.

but overall, fantastic.

Crazy Guy with Knife

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bigsado wrote:
btw, lou ferrigno was the other bodyguard talking to stan lee. anyone else catch that?

Yeah, I actually almost missed noticing it was Stan Lee next to him. It was also great that the only person that killed anyone (else) was Nick Nolte's character; it was almost like an A-Team episode. Was anyone else disappointed at the absence of Hulk Hogan from the movie? I know I was.

I also had the urge through about half the movie to shout "Ho ho ho, Green Giant".
Vanblade
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

really? I kept having the urge to choke little white guys and yell out "puny human!"

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic